Friday, July 13, 2007

The Skinny on the Newest and Youngest Designer for Target!!

Erin Fetherston, a 25 year-old American Designer that started her own line of handmade frocks in 2004, fills her ready-to-wear collection with plenty of the flirty, ruffled, girly-girl delicate fare that global “It” girls can’t get enough of. Now, her ever-so-cute frothy, flirty, feminine fashions can be had by all! Erin is the next Go International Designer for Target! Her heart-themed collection will debut for Target in November ‘07. On a side note: I love the way that Target works with new, indie designers. That’s a great way to differentiate themselves from the high fashion fast food of H&M.

Ladies there are plenty of yummy school-girl, lolita driven stuff to supplement your wardrobe in this next Go Int’l installment (after Libertine) . I’m a bit on the older side for this collection, but I still see some very usable pieces I can incorporate into my wardrobe, such as the coats: the black wool coat with velvet hearts and the super cute creme bubble style wool coat ($89.99); the Black peter pan collar dress ($49.99), Ruffle-Front Shirt in Cream ($24.99) ; Black Dotted Swiss Tie-Front Tunic ($29.99) and the Jacquard Bow Blazer ($44.99). The heart handbags are really whimsical and cute, but I rocked one of these bags in the 80s when I was much younger, so I gotta pass on those, and leave them for the junior crowd.

My suggestion is that the shoppers should look at each individual piece to see what they can incorporate into their existing wardrobe. For myself, I’m looking at pieces in Erin’s Target collection that are unique and will add some “spice” to some of my basic separates. I don’t suggest matching the pieces as they appear in the ad because it lead to a more “juvenile” look instead of edgy.

joannegraphics.com

Here a few more pics from her collection. Larger pics of her collection can be found here:

photo credit: target.com

No comments: